Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are the opinion of the author alone and are not representative of the views of any affiliated companies, peoples, products or services. I am not a medical practitioner; all content should be considered the personal experiences and/or opinion of the author and not construed as medical advice. Please consult your personal physician before embarking on a new exercise or nutrition regime.
*** As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you***
Some mornings you wake up and you just want to have your favourite breakfast from a fast food joint. However if, like me, you live in one of the small towns that has kept them away, or you have food intolerances, fakeaway is the way to go! While I use gluten free bagels you can sub in any bagel of your preference. The recipe makes 4 but I find they freeze well to be defrosted and reheated at a later date.
For The Sausage Patties
- 500g Lean Pork Mince (12% fat)
- Marmite – 1 squeeze (approx 1 tsp)
- 1 tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 4 eggs
- 4 Bagels
- 8 cheese slices
Start by making the sausage patties.
- Pop all the ingredients for sausage patties in a bowl and squish together until well blended.
- Divide into 4 portions
- Use a burger press to squish, then thin out a little more by hand if desired.
- Place on a baking sheet and put into the oven at Gas Mark 6 for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
Next make the folded egg
- Beat one egg
- Cook it in a mini pan, lightly oiled
- Repeat until you have 4 mini omelettes/folded eggs
Now we are ready to assemble!
- Slice the bagels in half horizontally
- Place a slice of cheese on the bottom half of the bagel
- Then a sausage patty
- Then a folded egg
- Then a second slice of cheese and the top half of the bagel!
- Wrap any that you are keeping for later in baking parchment or a reusable wax wrap and freeze 🙂