This is the best way possible to eat Kale. When I started playing around with the recipe and making Creamed Kale with Chorizo I was eating the entire recipe at once. I soon learned that eating 200g bags of Kale on a daily basis was a little too much roughage in the diet….but it’s still delicious! I just watch my portions a little more now. It is super easy to substitute some ingredients to convert this to a vegan recipe too!
Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are the opinion of the author alone and are not representative of the views of any affiliated companies, peoples, products or services. I am not a medical practitioner; all content should be considered the personal experiences and/or opinion of the author and not construed as medical advice. Please consult your personal physician before embarking on a new exercise or nutrition regime.
- 200g Bag Chopped Kale
- 2 tbsp (approx 33g) Diced Chorizo (OR 2 Sainsbury’s Chorizo Style Shroom Dogs & 1 tbsp Olive Oil)
- 2 tbsp Soured Cream (OR 2 tbsp Oatily Creame Fraiche)
- Steam or boil the Kale according to the instructions on the packet.
- Strain and squish out any excess water.
- In a deep frying pan or wok fry off the Chorizo until it starts to crisp.
- If you are using the vegan Chorizo Shroom Dogs then heat the oil before frying them off – dice them either before or after cooking.
- Add the kale and toss it around for a couple of minutes.
- Stir through the Sour Cream and serve your Creamed Kale with Chorizo immediately.
I’ve tried the recipe both way and it is equally delicious with Vegan Ingredients as it is with the traditional diced Chorizo! For added luxury why not sprinkle a little grated parmesan on top as you serve it?
Can you resist the temptation to polish off the lot? Will you share the best ever Kale with your family?